Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Look what I made!

My friend Janay recently posted some cute pics of barrette boards she made on facebook.  I'd never heard of these, but the combination of Emery having way too many clips spread throughout our drawers/cupboards/diaper bag and my new attempts at being crafty encouraged me to make my own.  I just googled some ideas, found a hideous (cutely framed) picture of geese at value village, and stole some of sister Holly's material/ribbon.  

And here it is...

I kind of wanted to keep it bow free it's so cute...but enter the craziness of a million bows...

Good thing Leeland's a boy, I couldn't even fit all of Emery's bows on here.  That's what happens when your 2 1/2 year old has a beautiful mullet...you invest in hair decor to cover it up!

I won't show what the back of my barrete holder looks like (I will tell you it involves duct tape :))...but aren't you impressed Holly and the 3 other people that read my blog?  (Mom, Dad and John)


Some other things I can't stop making...
Best "salad" ever
Saute chicken pieces w/oil and half an italian seasoning packet
mix w/avocado, black beans, corn, cilantro, mango, red onion.
Squeeze a lime over and mix w/the other half of italian seasoning.
Eat w/hint of lime chips...I like to crumble and mix...Holly likes to scoop.  (haha...scoops(that's for Christoffer)).

There you go sister Holly, there's your recipe...and now I officially feel like a blogger since I put up a recipe.  Even though John is the real chef in our home, this is easy, and addicting!

I also can't stop making Tzaziki sauce...so fresh so good!!!

..recipe from my friend Lissa who brought this to our Missional Community...yummiest w/cut up rotisserie chicken on fresh pitas, w/tomato, lettuce and onion.

1 cup (8oz) plain greek yogurt ( regular will work, but it will be runnier)
1 Medium Cucumber peeled, seeded, and chopped
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 Garlic cloves minced
1/2 Teaspoon dried dill or 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper.
Combine all of the ingredients and put in the fridge until serving ( it gets more flavorful if you let it sit in the fridge awhile before serving)



Can you tell Emery's taking a good nap today?


PS...I also made these...



8 comments:

  1. That salad looks sooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaa..thank you Melisa, I should have added you as the fourth reader of my blog! :) I should put up some hello, cupcake pictures just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the barette board turned out so cute, but maybe you should have made a giant one. i know emery has more bows than that. and i'm pretty sure i can imagine what the back looks like, i would have done it the same way. thanks for the salad recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny Sarah, for a second I was trying to think if I knew a 24 year old Lucy. I need to find out where that name came from!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never know who or where your readers come from. I plan to try the recipes too. Keep them and your tips coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the two things you made in the last photo the best.

    ReplyDelete